Selecting an experienced and reputable removal company is the best thing you can do to ensure your relocation is straightforward and hassle-free. However, with so many companies out there, it can be tricky for customers to have confidence that they have picked the best choice.
You don’t want to be suddenly let down by a company that doesn’t live up to your expectations or suddenly sting you with hidden charges. Any removal company that can’t answer some basic questions up front should be avoided at all costs. Handily enough we have listed some of those top questions below to help you decide.
- Is your quote based on charges by the hour or for an entire job? Removal companies usually charge per half-hour or by the hour.
- Do rates include driving time? This is often an unexpected charge that some companies add on. An all-in-one company that handles the entire move with no hidden charges is preferable.
- What forms of payment are accepted? You do not want to be running around looking for a cash machine on moving day. Reputable companies can accept numerous methods of payment.
- Can you offer an obligation-free quote? You are within your rights to get many quotes from numerous companies. A well-respected company will be able to qualify their quote based on the information you provided and the service they deliver.
- How many removalists will be on the job? Each household is different and a removal company should be able to provide you with a team that is big enough to ensure your move goes smoothly and all items can safely be relocated.
- Are boxes provided and are there any fee? Removal companies can provide you with all the packaging you need to ensure your belongings arrive safely.
- Do you have the correct truck and equipment for my removal? Top companies should be using trucks with the latest removal equipment to protect your items when loading, transporting, and unloading the truck. Companies should be able to advise on what truck they think will best suit your removal needs.
- Do you have comprehensive insurance that can fully cover the costs of my belongings? Only ever go with a company that can give you the peace of mind that in the case of an accident your belongings will be covered fully.
And finally, the big question
- Do they have the capacity to handle your move? Some companies provide specialist services that other companies simply cannot execute. For instance, if you are moving interstate or if you have antiques and fine furniture that needs extra care. If the company cannot handle the specific requirements you need then you should never engage them for this work. Ask if the company has experience of similar removals in the past to ascertain their capacity.
What they should be asking you
Finally, Dream Movers will always try to evaluate your needs by taking stock of how much needs to be moved and whether there are any challenges such as restricted access. If another company does not ask these questions before providing a quote then they are not giving you the tailor-made service that keeps Dream Movers’ customer satisfaction rates so high.